[Qgis-psc] Establishing an Official QGIS User Group Philippines [Steps to Take]

Ben Hur Pintor bnhr.xyz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:16:10 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I hope this email finds you all in good health and in good spirits.

My name is Ben Hur and I'm a QGIS user and FOSS4G advocate from the
Philippines. I'm the creator and admin of an unofficial QGIS User Group
Philippines on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/qgis.ph) which I
created to have a safe and open avenue for Filipino QGIS users, developers,
and enthusiasts to share their knowledge and love for QGIS and FOSS4G. Our
group has around 2K members and is still growing. Aside from this, I
organize and volunteer for local FOSS4G and QGIS-related initiatives here
in the Philippines like Pista ng Mapa (
https://www.osgeo.org/events/pista-ng-mapa/) and MaptimeDiliman (
https://www.facebook.com/maptimediliman). I'm also the proprietor of BNHR
-- a Small QGIS Sustaining Member and Certifying Organization.

I'm sending this email on behalf of my community because we've long planned
to organize ourselves as an official user group. Recently, I was inspired
by our Southeast Asian neighbors from Indonesia and believe that we can
bring another perspective to the global community.

I read https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/usergroups.html and would like
to ask for guidance on what steps to take next.

Your help and replies would be greatly appreciated.

*Maraming salamat! *(Thank you very much!)

All the best,
Ben Hur

---
*Ben Hur S. Pintor | BNHR <https://bnhr.xyz>*