[Qgis-psc] Developer roles

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Thu Sep 10 02:04:30 PDT 2020

Hi all,
Thanks all for the inputs, the discussion did not really stall because of
summer but because I have yet to finish the draft proposal of all
community roles to discuss with the community. Sorry for that.
I discussed yesterday with Andreas and suggested managing this round of bug
fixes as we always did and by the next round we'll have a clear and
documented way forward.

Cheers
Marco

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 at 09:26, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at oslandia.com>
wrote:

> On 09/09/2020 20:18, Anita Graser wrote:
> > Hi,

> > We had a lot of points on the agenda, but - unfortunately - that wasn't
> > one of them.
> >
> >> I'm sorry we restrict the discussion to core C++ dev activity.
> >
> > Reading through the thread again, I can see that this point is raised
> > repeatedly. I'd just like to add that the bugfixing programme is not the
> > only source of funding for contributors that we have. There's also
> > separate budget for documentation and bug triage for example, and then
> > there is the grant programme. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that
> > we can have the bugfixing programme for C++ devs only without that
> > having to mean that other people cannot get funding some other way. We
> > can also change the allocated budget for each of these different
> > initiatives as we - as a project - see fit.
> >
> Ok, thanks Anita, this is very clear. Let's focus then on C++
>

> >> And sorry to say, we in the
> >> tech should be more focused on raising a new generation behind us.
> >
> > Yes, we need to put more focus on this issue. However, I'm uncertain if
> > the bugfixing programme is the best venue to onboard new developers.
> Agreed.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Anita

> Open Source GIS Expert / Water management
>
> mail: regis.haubourg at oslandia.com
> tél: 0033 184 257 870

Marco Bernasocchi

QGIS.org Chair