[Qgis-psc] Testing hardware for Giovanni

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Tue Dec 14 09:45:17 PST 2021

Dear PSC,

After discussion with Giovanni, we want to propose to invest 1164 € for a
new M1 Apple computer to better allow Giovanni to test and verify issues on
the Apple platform, specifically with the new M1 processor architecture.

Giovanni has 2 tasks for QGIS.ORG: working on the issue tracker (trying to
replicate issues the users raise) and together with Alex Neto, do the
pre-release testing for upcoming LTR releases, starting in 2022.

Given that it would be desirable to spend a bit more GIS funds until the
end of the year (to avoid tax payments), I think it is now a good time to
invest in some hardware.

Could the PSC members please reply if they are ok with the proposal?

Thank you,

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)