[Qgis-psc] Question: review of standard development rates for 2022?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 20:42:03 PST 2021

Hi PSC!

...This is a somewhat tricky email to write, but I think it's an
important discussion we need to discuss whatever the outcome...

The standard rate paid by QGIS.org for development tasks like the
pre-release bug fixing sprints (100EU/hour) has remained unchanged for
a number of years now (at least since 2016).

Unfortunately, what with 2020/21 being what they were, many countries
have seen a dramatic rise in inflation and all signs are that prices
will continue to rise over 2022.

Accordingly, can I ask the PSC to consider reviewing this rate in
2022, and whether it's appropriate to adjust accordingly? (Obviously
this would impact the project budget, so I would suggest any change in
rate would be accompanied by a corresponding adjustment in the number
of contracted development hours to fit the budgeted totals).

Thanks for the consideration!
Nyall