[Qgis-psc] Handling the Travis CI situation

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:36:54 PST 2021

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 at 08:28, Marco Bernasocchi <marco at qgis.org> wrote:

> Hi all, no need to vote again, the budget was approved and it included an
> item for working on CI.
>
> So the funds are available. I spoke about this yesterday with Andreas
> following up a request by Denis.
>
> Nyall do I see it correctly that you and Denis (and Alessandro?) are
> probably the ones going to be doing most of the work?
>
> Do you have a concrete plan and how can we help getting things moving?

I'll chat to Denis and Alessandro again later today, but originally we'd
discussed using Denis' earlier PR to move to Gtihub actions and have Denis
do the remaining bits needed for this, and then splitting the test fixes
between myself, Denis and Alessandro based on the area of code covered by
the failing tests. (I.e. I'll handle the symbology/labeling/print layout
and projection related ones, Alessandro would focus on server, etc).

I'd propose that we:
1. Get Denis' earlier PR rebased and working on master again
2. Blocklist all the failing tests on the github action, and then merge the
PR so that we get some test coverage outside of Travis
3. Chip away re-enabling the individual blocklisted tests one-by-one

Nyall