[Qgis-psc] Plans to move to Qt6

Julien Cabieces julien.cabieces at oslandia.com
Thu Dec 8 05:49:11 PST 2022

Hi,

I did manage to compile QGIS on debian testing, and I'm currently
building it again (and try to make the oracle provider compile).

I don't use debian Qt packages (I want to keep my distribution
clean for now), just the binary with the unified
Qt installer. I installed the needed dependencies following the
instruction here :
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/.docker/qgis3-qt6-build-deps.dockerfile#L64

Good thing if you build with debian packages is that you could test
python tests because there is already a PyQt6 package.

Regards,
Julien