[Qgis-psc] First sample outputs of telemtry work

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Tue May 10 13:03:56 PDT 2022

Hi Tim,

This looks good; I love a good dashboard. Some thoughts & bugs:

* Do we have telemetry for QGIS Server?

* The numbers on "*QGIS Open events on Windows per day - last yea**r*"
seem far too low. "*QGIS Daily Opens - last 30 days*" is showing half a
million users a day but for windows is just ~50k a day, this despite
windows clearly being 90+% of users per the platform chart (well, one of
those platform charts...).

* Alternately, the pie-chart next to it: "*QGIS Daily Opens by Platform
- last 30 days*" is showing 86% as being "other" platforms where
"others" on the chart to the left of it for what appears to be trying to
show the same thing is only a tiny percentage (< 6%?).

* "*QGIS Daily Opens by Version - last 30 days*" - is showing some of
the version numbers as integers and some as floats.

* "*QGIS Top Movers - Yesterday*" - If I sum these up I get about
100,000. Given the total number of users yesterday per the day-chart was
only about 25k higher than a Monday average, I get the feeling this is
averaging across all-time, meaning weekends will always show a low
number and weekdays will always show a high number (as today). I'd
suggest it should probably use the average for that-day, so it's
comparing like-for-like.

* "*QGIS Total Number of Opens in this Current Month*" at the top is
wrong - it's identical to "last 30 days" to its left. Also the very
bottom shows the number should be 3.5 million not 10 million.

* "*QGIS Total Number of Opens in this Current Month*" at the top says
499,262, but the graph (*QGIS Daily Opens - last 30 days*) shows 500,359
for yesterday if I mouse over it.

Assuming it's SQL behind the scenes, I may be able to take a stab at it
if you want.

Cheers,

Jonathan