[Qgis-psc] QGIS Question, infrastructure

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Thu Aug 31 23:40:26 PDT 2023

Hi Lourens, Dear QGIS PSC colleagues,

Thank you for your inquiry. We don't have (yet) a workflow (or IM document)
to handle such ISO 17001 related requests.

@Marco Bernasocchi <marco at qgis.org> - do you have any material related to
ISO 17001 ?

Concerning GDPR or related regulations we have a part in our documentation
that outlines what QGIS does regarding network connections or places where
potentially IP addresses of QGIS users could be stored temporarily. You can
find this section at
https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/user_manual/appendices/qgis_desktop_network_connections.html

Regarding sustaining membership: if you use QGIS extensively we welcome if
your organization or company becomes a new sustaining member. This is an
annual membership - in your case at 500 € per calendar year. See
https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sustaining_members/sustaining_members.html#qgis-sustaining-memberships
for details. In case you would like to become a sustaining member, I can
issue an invoice. However, I am on vacation until Sep. 13 - so can respons
only starting from September 14.

Perhaps some PSC member (or a related QGIS support company) knows anything
about ISO 17001 and IM documents?

Greetings,
Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG treasurer

On Fri, 1 Sept 2023 at 06:00, Lourens Smuts <Lourens.Smuts at goldfields.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just following up regarding QGIS
>
> We at Gold Fields Australia trailed QGIS and the outcome we are very happy
> with the product. However we are ISO 17001 registered, for the registration
> we need to follow GFA IT internal protocols, all software need to be
> evaluated and require the completion of an IM document, stipulating a few
> details regarding the software. This might require us to utilise a
> sustainable membership, just following up what the best approach would be,
> I am sure Gold Fields Australia would not be the only company asking this
> question.
>
> Especially the web reporting and data security will be the main questions
> asked and to be covered in the documentation side. (Mostly details about
> the servers and security utilised by QGIS
>

> Let me know who at QGIS will be the best to contact regarding my question.
>

> Currently we have about 3 to 5 users.
>

> Thanks you,
>
> Lourens
>

> Discover QGIS
> <https://www.qgis.org/en/site/about/index.html#:~:text=QGIS%20is%20an%20official%20project,Source%20Geospatial%20Foundation%20(OSGeo).>
>
> QGIS is a volunteer driven project. We welcome contributions in the form
> of code contributions, bug fixes, bug reports, contributed documentation,
> advocacy and supporting other users on our mailing lists and
> gis.stackexchange.com. If you are interested in actively supporting the
> project, you can find more information under the development menu and on
> the QGIS Wiki.
>

> finance at qgis.org
>
> Sustaining Membership Program Overview (qgis.org)
> <https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sustaining_members/sustaining_members.html#qgis-sustaining-memberships>
>

> *Sustaining membership*
>
> Sustaining members can support QGIS for any amount of money of at least
> 500 €. Sustaining memberships last one year, after which they may be
> continued with a new payment, or allowed to lapse. Sustaining members have
> no voting rights (unless they are simultaneously voting members in which
> case their voting rights are unaffected). At or above the following levels
> a sustaining member will be designated as being one of the following
> category, based on their size and assigned through self declaration:
>
> *euros*
>
> *membership level*
>
> 27,000+ ($45,000)
>
> Flagship Member (e.g. for companies larger than 100
>
> employees, federal governmental organizations)
>
> 9,000+ ($15,300)
>
> Large Member (e.g. for larger cities, provinces or companies up to 100
> employees)
>
> 3,000+ ($5,100)
>
> Medium Member (e.g. for universities, medium size cities or companies up
> to 50 employees)
>
> 500+
>
> Small Member (e.g. for smaller cities or companies up to 10 employees)

> [...]

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)