[Qgis-psc] Call for emergency 3.22 release

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:19:57 PST 2023

Hi PSC/list,

I came across this horrible regression during bug hunting today:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/51703

If you load a project with any broken layers and then hover over the
layer in the layer tree, QGIS will instantly crash. It's a regression
caused by https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/50256, and unfortunately
that PR was backported to 3.22 and accordingly the crash present in
the final release of 3.22.

Given the extreme severity of this crash I believe we should be
pushing out another unplanned 3.22 patch release, as we cannot leave
the final 3.22 LTR with such a nasty regression in place.

Nyall