[Qgis-psc] QGIS User Conference 's-Hertogenbosch

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Tue Jan 24 07:17:03 PST 2023

Dear PSC,

The last weeks we've been working hard on making a plan for the UC in
April. The conference outline will be:

April 18-19: User Conference
April 20: Onboarding Day (+ Contributor Meeting)
April 21-23: Contributor Meeting

The venue "Grasso" is an old factory building that is currently being
reconstructed to a shared office. We can use the main old factory hall
for the UC plus 4 small meeting rooms. A big attic will be available all
6 days, for the Contributor Meeting and break out room during the
conference. (Note that the attic is only accessible by stairs,
unfortunately there is no elevator.)

Our plan is to go for a conference + unconference set up, having a
scheduled program with presentations and workshops for the main room and
a few meeting rooms but also reserving some meeting rooms for
spontaneous talks, discussions and any other kind of meetings.

As the venue is not a conference venue, it lacks a restaurant.
Fortunately we have found a catering service living next door. They have
offered us to put up a bar in the main hall and make sure we will have
coffee breaks, lunch and drinks all day.

With the current catering offer and other expenses, a 2-day conference
ticket will cost 200 euros. We won't sell separate workshop tickets,
everything we offer will be included and we don't yet know exactly what.

Do you think we can proceed? The website is almost finished and we think
should go live asap.

Kind regards on behalf of the LOC,

Raymond