[Qgis-psc] Is updating of the MacOS version planned?

Caspar Raap caspar at raap-design.de
Tue Jun 27 06:58:38 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,
I am actually very sorry if this is the wrong space for me to post, but as in the latest proposal round the proposal to create a conda based building and dependency system for the Mac builds was not accepted:
will the MacOS libraries like GDAL etc. be updated in the foreseeable future? This has been dragging, and I have tried to use the community maintained conda build, but unfortunately I personally have not gotten it to work. Support for Apple Silicon would be a nice thing, but as some official geodata e.g. from the state of Hessen, Germany is not working with the old libraries (the bundled one is GDAL 3.3.2 (9/2021) and the latest one which is required for several features to work correctly is 3.7.0 (5/2023)) I will have to find a way to not use the official Mac build, because it is really starting to become unusable. Also there are many GitHub issues piling up, which are related to this in some form or another.

I really appreciate the effort put into the continued development but I would love to see the corresponding achievements being actually usable on all platforms.

Personally I think I might have to try to dual boot Asahi linux (which will be a pain) just in order to run a native release with the current libraries.

Thank you guys for all the dedication

Best

Caspar Raap

—

Urban planning student Universität Kassel, DE