[Qgis-psc] Fwd: Important: Docker is sunsetting Free Team organizations

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Mar 17 01:05:45 PDT 2023

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 09:14:38PM +0100, Richard Duivenvoorde via QGIS-PSC wrote:

> https://www.docker.com/community/open-source/application/
> Anybody wants to take the lead in finding out more OR applying for
> the program, or has Docker connections?

FYI: OSGeo is running a docker registry, see
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Repo#Docker

It would be nice if "vanity urls" could be used, via HTTP redirect, so
that qgis docker images would be served by something like:

  docker.qgis.org/<whatever>

And be served by your backend of choice. Anyone familiar with that ?
We'd be interested in doing that for PostGIS too:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5356

--strk;