[Qgis-psc] Israel flag on QGIS

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Mon Oct 16 07:57:54 PDT 2023

Hi PSC, hi Kaplan,

Although I personally really hate the horrible things happening in
Israel, Ukraine and many other places in the world, I'm in general not
in favour of putting flags with (political) statements in the QGIS
news(?) feed.

I think our PSC and community should focus on creating and maintaining
the software and infrastructure and not spending their precious
voluntary time on political discussions and statements.

As an alternative, if we really want a flag, we could show a peace flag
or something, stating that we are a peaceful community that hopes our
software will never be used in a harmful way?

Kaplan, sorry for not supporting your idea. Wishing you all the best
though, and I hope you'll understand.

Take care there,

Raymond