[QGIS-pt] CfP Special Issue "Open Geospatial Science and Applications"

Artur Gil arturfreiregil yahoo.com.br
Quinta-Feira, 10 de Julho de 2014 - 03:48:01 PDT

Dear all,

We would like to invite your contributions to the Special Issue on "Open Geospatial Science and Applications" of the ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (ISSN 2220-9964) which is an international, open access journal on geo-information.

We are very pleased to have this special issue in an open access journal and also happy that the journal publishers have agreed to our request that as long as the  papers are submitted before the submission deadline (28th Feb 2015) , the journal publishers have kindly agreed to publish planned papers free of charge.

The last decade has seen a rapid growth in open source geospatial software and open data developments. Building upon the broader progress in open science, the synergies in the developments in open source geospatial software, open data, open standards, open hardware and open access to research publications have been key in accelerating the advancement for open geospatial science and applications. We invite original research contributions on all aspects of open source geospatial software and its applications, and particularly encourage submissions focusing on the following themes for this Special Issue.

·         The use of open source geospatial software and data, in and for scientific research
·         Academic endeavours to conceptualize, create, assess open source geospatial software and data, and teach such usage.
·         Use of Open Data and Big Data
·         Data quality, software quality
·         Open source implementations
·         Open SDI
·         Community building
·         Assessment of costs and benefits of open source applications and open source business models
·         Architectures and frameworks for open source software and data
·         Teaching geospatial sciences with open source solutions and open data
·         Open Source GIS application use cases: government, participatory GIS, location based services, health, energy, water, climate change, etc.
·         Human computer interfaces and usability in and around Open GI systems

Details and submission guidelines including instructions for authors at http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/science-applications

If you are interested to submit your paper , please email your abstracts to me at Suchith.Anand  nottingham.ac.uk  before 15/08/2014 . We look forward to your contributions.

Best wishes,

Suchith, Thierry ,Franz-Josef, Serena ,Luciene, Barend
Guest Editors

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.
This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.