[QGIS-pt] Announcing the release of QGIS 2.6 'Brighton'

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 3 de Novembro de 2014 - 01:36:42 PST

QGIS is a user friendly Open Source Geographic Information System
that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and Windows.

We are very pleased to announce the release of QGIS 2.6 'Brighton'.

The new release contains a lot of new features, tweaks and enhancements.
More
over this time there are more complete translations than ever before.

This is third release following our four month release schedule that is
meant
to make new features and bugfixes available quicker and the development and
new
releases more predictable.   Again the testing phase was fruitful and was
therefore extended by a week.  Thanks to all the tester for their time and
good
reports.

The source code and binaries for Windows, Debian and Ubuntu are already
available via the large download link on our home page: http://qgis.org.
More
packages will follow as soon as the package maintainers finish their work.
Please revisit the page if your platform is not available yet.

A word of thanks to our contributors, donors and sponsors

QGIS is a largely volunteer driven project, and is the work of a dedicated
team
of developers, documenters and supporters. We extend our thanks and
gratitude
for the many, many hours people have contributed to make this release
happen.
Many companies and organizations contribute back their improvements to QGIS
and
fund development of new features when they use it as their platform, and we
are
grateful for this and encourage others to do the same! We would also like to
thank our sponsors and donors for helping to promote our work through their
financial contributions. Our current sponsors are (QGIS Sponsorship is valid
for one year):

Gold Sponsor:
Asia Air Survey (http://www.asiaairsurvey.com/)

Silver Sponsors:
Sourcepole AG (http://www.sourcepole.ch)
State of Vorarlberg (http://www.vorarlberg.at)

Bronze Sponsors:
ArguSoft GmbH & Co KG (http://argusoft.de)
GKG Kassel (Dr.-Ing Claas Leiner) (http://www.eschenlaub.de)
Molitec (http://www.molitec.it/)
OPENRUNNER, http://www.openrunner.com/

A current list of donors who have made financial contributions large and
small to the project can be seen here:
http://qgis.org/en/site/about/sponsorship.html#list-of-donors

If you enjoy using QGIS, please consider making a donation to support the
project - either financial (*
http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/donations.html*)
or of your time and skills (*http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/index.html*
)!
Lastly we would like to also take a moment to encourage you to fund a
special
campaign (*
http://blog.vitu.ch/10102014-1046/crowdfunding-initiative-automated-testing*
)
by one of our QGIS developers to get a working test suite for QGIS so that
we
can improve out quality assurance process and deliver you the best possible
releases.

QGIS is Free software and you are under no obligation to pay anything to
use it
- in fact we want to encourage people far and wide to use it regardless of
what
their financial or social status is - we believe empowering people with
spatial
decision making tools will result in a better society for all of humanity.

Sponsoring QGIS helps us to fund our six monthly developer meetings,
maintain
project infrastructure and fund bug fixing efforts.

Visual tour of the new release:
--------------------------------------

You can find a list of highlighted changes and new features listed on the
detailed release announcement available here:

*
http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog260/
*

Give us your feedback:

We welcome your feedback - please visit our issue tracker if you encounter
an issue with the new release:

http://hub.qgis.org/

Please consult the existing issues there before filing any new ones.

Happy QGISing!

Regards,

The QGIS Team!

--
Jürgen E. Fischer - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member