[Qgis-release-team] Release announcements
a.ghisla at gmail.com
Fri May 8 09:30:23 EDT 2009
Tim Sutton escribió:
> Hi Anne
> If you can prepare the visual changelog in a t2t document that would
> be really great! We will be releasing both 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 but only a
> visual changelog for 1.1.0 is needed.
I attach a draft visual changelog. Feel free to add and modify contents.
Screenies are uploaded on my Flickr page, like previous changelogs
referred to Tim's Flickr set.
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi release team,
>> As the release will be announced in the next few days, I have to
>> communicate that I'll be offline from tonight until Tuesday morning -
>> sorry for inconvenience.
>> Anyway, I can do something today. On the wiki there is the announcement
>> for mailing lists and I guess it is ready to copy-and-paste.
>> Shall we also prepare a visual changelog on the blog? For this, I can
>> pick up screenies from the updated manual.
>> Qgis-release-team mailing list
>> Qgis-release-team at lists.osgeo.org
-------------- next part --------------
for QGIS 1.1.0 'Pan'
% This document is in txt2tags format
% To generate html do:
% txt2tags -t html -o QGIS.1.1.0VisualChangelog.html <filename>.txt
% To generate moin moin do:
% txt2tags -t moin -o QGIS.1.1.0VisualChangelog.moin <filename>.txt
= Introduction =
Quantum GIS (QGIS) is a user friendly Open Source Geographic Information System (GIS), licensed under the GNU General Public License, that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and Windows. QGIS is Open Source software and its free of cost. It supports vector, raster, and database formats (including the most common ESRI ShapeFile and geotiff). QGIS supports a wide variety of plugins to do things like display tracks from your GPS, and much more. They can be easily managed through the Plugin Manager.
As an open source project, we provide support for using QGIS via our mailing lists and bug tracker:
- For general enquiries subscribe to our users mailing list at http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
- For developer related enquiries subscribe to our separate developers list at http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
- If you think you have found a bug, please report it using our bug tracker. When reporting bugs, please include some contact information in case we need help with replicating your issue at https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/
% QGIS 1.1.0 brings with it a wealth of improvements, 16 bug fixes and many new features.
Along with the release of QGIS 1.1.0, the QGIS Community Team is also extremely pleased to announce the immediate availability of the QGIS Users' Guide version 1.1.
%This is a substantial body of work that includes a complete revision of the guide, addition of many new sections covering the user interface, introductory tutorials on programming with QGIS, notes on compilation, and much more! The guide includes many screenshots to make it easy to digest. Work will soon begin in translating this guide into additional languages. In all the QGIS User's Guide includes over 250 pages of content and is a fantastic companion to the QGIS 1.0.0 application.
The guide can be downloaded from http://download.qgis.org.
% [NOTE] shall we keep the line below? only 16 bugs have been fixed, but someone could be interested
% For a nice overview of the bugs that were fixed for this release, take a look at: https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/milestone/Version%201.0.0
= Download your copy =
Binary and source code packages are available at http://download.qgis.org
% [TODO]update with pan splashscreen
Let's take a deeper look at what's new in this release...
= Visual changes =
== New Open Vector Dialog ==
The new Open Vector Dialog allows the user to choose the source type of vector layers: files for most formats including ESRI Shapefile, directories for example for ArcInfo coverages, databases for PostGIS and SpatiaLite data, and protocols for %[TODO]add example!
== Diagram Overlay ==
The new Diagram Overlay plugin, shipped as core plugin, allows the user to add a graphic overlay to a vector layer. The current implementation of diagrams provides support for pie- and barcharts and for linear scaling of the diagram size according to a classification attribute.
== fTools plugin becomes core plugin! ==
fTools is now automatically installed and enabled in new versions of QGIS, and as with all plugins, it can be disabled and enabled using the Plugin Manager. When enabled, the fTools plugin adds a Tools menu to QGIS, providing functions ranging from Analysis and Research Tools to Geometry and Geoprocessing Tools, as well as several useful Data Management Tools. See the manual for complete description of its functionality!
== Improved Attribute Table ==
The attribute table offers variuos functionalities, like sorting records by a simple click on the column header, simple or advanced search with Query Builder, zooming on selected features in the map, showing only selected records.
== Improved Print Composer ==
Print Composer offers further functionality, like PostScript and PDF output, alignment tools, save layout as template, three different preview modes and useful navigation tools. Have a try!
== Further news ==
Full changelog is provided here:
- Plugin Installer polishing, updates, new repositories for the 1.x
- add usb: to list of gps device on linux
- Added open WMS search interface from Mathias Walker
- display layer name for WMS layers instead of server to distinguish several layers from the same WMS
- WMS: don't apply proxy to a list of selected urls. Done in QgsHttpTransaction::applyProxySettings so WFS & co can later also use this function. Not tested yet and still needs some cleanups
- For WMS layers: combine the transparency of WMS and the layer transparency
- Apply proxy settings also for WFS
- Show a progress dialog for WFS if there is a main window
- Added GIS GRASS icon theme
- New GRASS modules to convert loaded rasters and vectors
- Removing GRASS duplicate modules in default
- Added SVG symbols from Matt Amos (with his permission)
- mapserver export: fixed i18n problems, fixed continuous color renderer export
- initial commit of fTools
- Ftools: don't consider nan vertices for interpolation
- Ftools: add two new tools - polygon from layer extent - delaunay triangulaltion
- Ftools: changes to menu item - sampling tools -> research tools
- merge of advanced printing branch 2
- Add the option to print maps as rasters
- Write a world file when creating a screenshot so that it is georeferenced
- Removed members of httptransaction that are no longer needed
- fix error in adding output to mapcanvas & ability to create grid coverage of current zoom level
- Add a second PNG in case UMN mapserver offers image/png and image/png; mode=24bit
- Dodo-ification of graticule plugin in favour of ftools plugin which is now in svn
- improved handeling of postGIS layers
- add missing postgres provider to optional plugins target
- make SSL mode of PostgreSQL connections configurable
- supporting the SpatiaLite Data Provider
- fix feature count in postgres provider
- updates to geoprocessing
- Add a list of most recently used projections to Project Properties
- New georeferencer from GIS-Lab
- Allow continuous color rendering also for point symbols
- Added EPSG to the quick CRS button
- skip labels with size <=0 - otherwise the size is ignored
- added panning with mouse wheel when digitizing
- remove old gridmaker plugin
- Changes in openvector dialog to support all drivers available in ogr including database and protocol drivers (Changes in "load vector layer")
- New attribute table!
- plugin installer and the fTools are now enabled by default as core plugins
- icon themes support for the mapserver_export plugin
- Hide / show vector layer editing tool based on context of layer type and editing status
- Gui cleanups for coordinate capture - dont use a toolbar icon, rather use a button in the dock.
- added icon for plugin installer in plugin manager
- fix for georeferencing with linear transformation
- Added possibility to express tolerances for digitising also in pixels in addition to map units
- internal sqlite3 was replaced with spatialite
- make sslmode optional
More information about the Qgis-release-team