[Qgis-tr] How can I make Korean QGIS 2.0 manual page?

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Fri Aug 2 01:13:29 PDT 2013

Dear BJ Jang,

Am Fri, 2 Aug 2013 11:43:00 +0900
schrieb BJ Jang <qgis.tr.kr at gmail.com>:

> I know that the manual work QGIS 2.0 was started.
> I hope translate QGIS 2.0 manual to Korean at the earliest time after the
> 2.0 version announcement.
> Then, I & OSGeo Korean Chapter members are ready to work for manual
> translation and want to make Korean QGIS 2.0 manual page.
>
> In addition, we have the manual for version 1.7, which is already
> translated into Korean.
>
> Please let me know, how can I get the latest English manual?

The QGIS manual part of the QGIS-Documentation repository on github and
for rewritten in RST. You find the source here:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/tree/master/source/docs/user_manual

> how can I make Korean manual page?

After we updated the QGIS 2.0 manual, we will create a translation branch in
github and then people can start to translate. See this document for more
information how to translate:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/documentation_guidelines/do_translations.rst

> how can I upload translated Korean manual?

I assume your translation for 1.7 is still in latex. So it won't make sense
to integrate it in the new RST based infrastructure. I guess you can use the
latex code in the background but have to start the translation in RST from
scratch.

Regards
Otto