[Qgis-tr] Translation of interface HTML help strings, do I need to keep all the breaklines?

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Jun 16 05:52:57 PDT 2014

On 16-06-14 12:56, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can anyone tell me how important is to keep the "break line characters"
> in the html help files during translation.
>
> In the end of a sentence I don't have any doubts, but sometimes in the
> middle it sounds weird to keep some breaklines, knowing that html should
> take care of that depending on the size of the users help window.

Hi Alexandre,

What do you mean by "break line characters", to you mean "<br/>" in
html? Or "\n" aka normal linebreaks in a string?

Because I think the second one are indeed ignored IF the text area will
become html (not always used).

In the first case I think the only way to know is to have a look into
the dialog/widget that the text is part of.  I could think about an
option that a dev wants to add some whitespace or newlines in between
two chunks of text.

Sorry I do not have a clearer answer, maybe somebody else can?
Maybe better ask this on the dev list, because those are the people who
write the actual source strings...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde