[Qgis-tr] [Qgis-community-team] latex/pdf guru's for failing Korean and Hindi pdf build available?

Ko Nagase nagase at georepublic.co.jp
Tue Jun 17 03:01:03 PDT 2014

Hi Richards, BJ Jang

"platex" is for only Japanese,
so please use "xelatex" to process other languages as follows.

[Additional packages for Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) ... nearly equal Debian Squeeze]
=====
cmap-adobe-korea1
fonts-nanum
fonts-nanum-coding
fonts-nanum-extra
fonts-unfonts-core
----
(Probably, the followings will be necessary for Hindi)
ttf-devanagari-fonts
ttf-indic-fonts
texlive-lang-indic
latex-sanskrit
=====

[Makefile modification part]
=====
:
@-if [ $(LANG) = "ko" -o $(LANG) = "hi" ]; then \
    cp -f $(SOURCEDIR)/conf.py $(SOURCEDIR)/i18n/$(LANG)/; \
    cat $(SOURCEDIR)/i18n/$(LANG)/conf.py.diff >>
$(SOURCEDIR)/i18n/$(LANG)/conf.py; \
    $(SPHINXBUILD) -b latex -c $(SOURCEDIR)/i18n/$(LANG)
$(ALLSPHINXOPTS) $(BUILDDIR)/latex/$(LANG); \
else \
    $(SPHINXBUILD) -b latex $(ALLSPHINXOPTS) $(BUILDDIR)/latex/$(LANG); \
fi
:
elif [ $(LANG) = "ko" -o $(LANG) = "hi" ]; then \
    cd $(BUILDDIR)/latex/$(LANG); \
    xelatex -interaction=batchmode --no-pdf -shell-escape QGISUserGuide.tex; \
    xelatex -interaction=batchmode --no-pdf -shell-escape QGISUserGuide.tex; \
    xelatex -interaction=batchmode --no-pdf -shell-escape QGISUserGuide.tex; \
    xdvipdfmx QGISUserGuide.xdv; \
else \
:
## Other manuals are same as above.
:
=====

[Create "source/i18n/ko/conf.py.diff" with the following contents]
=====
latex_elements = {
    'inputenc': '',
    'utf8extra': '',
    'preamble': '''

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xeCJK}
\setCJKmainfont{NanumMyeongjo}
''',
}
=====

To create Hindi PDF, other "source/i18n/hi/conf.py.diff" will be necessary,
but I don't know how to set "latex_elements" parameters for Hindi.

Result Korean PDF file is here.
Ubuntu 12.04 (precise):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93823511/QGIS-testing-UserGuide-ko-precise.pdf

> BJ Jang

I am not sure whether above PDF is valid one,
so could you check this ?

Thanks,