[Qgis-tr] saga (and other Processing) help files

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 05:24:50 PST 2014

I absolutely agree with mergind Processing docs with main documentation.
The main problem now is absense of this documentation.

There is a Victor's GitHub repo for algortihm documentation [0]. But almost
all files in this repo are just templates. I created docs for TauDEM algortihms
and some QGIS algs. There are also some contributions from other users.

Also some help files for QGIS/fTools algs already available in QGIS core [1].
But again most of them just empty templates.

[0] https://github.com/volaya/Processing-Help
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/qgis/help

> Hi all.
>
> Il 20/11/2014 13:17, Alexander Bruy ha scritto:
>
>> Some QGIS and fTools algs also have help files, but they almost empty and
>> there is no activity in creating/improving help files. Some time ago Victor even
>> created special repository for collecting help files for algorithms,
>> but again only
>> few peoples contributed to it.
>
> IMHO this discussion should be moved to qgis-doc: I do not see why alg documentation
> should not be merged into main documentation (see ongoing discussion on qgis-ux about
> using the manual also as online help).
> Unifying is the key of success, I believe.
> All the best.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html