[Qgis-tr] New Volunteers and Feature Freeze

dobe0331 at gmail.com dobe0331 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 23:20:30 PDT 2015

Hi,

Regarding to Chinese question, the answer is: Chinese(China) is the same with Chinese(Simplified), and Chinese(Taiwan) equals to Chinese(Taiwan)(Big5)(I’m not sure whether the former means coding in UTF-8), which also commonly descripted as Chinese(Traditional).

Most of the words can be directly translated between two Chinese system. However, some words may be different due to custom.

從「Surface」送出

寄件者: Werner Macho
寄件日期: ‎2015‎年‎6月‎1‎日‎星期一 ‎下午‎ ‎02‎:‎13
收件者: QGIS Translation Discussions

Hi Translators!

Just a short message from me to keep this mailing list low traffic.

1. To all language coordinators out there. We have got 10 requests to
join language teams for different languages.

Albanian
Bulgarian
Chinese
Finnish
Italian
Spanish

I'd like to encourage the language coordinators to look at these new
persons and either accept them or (with a good reason) deny them.
(Otherwise I am going to accept them all in 2 weeks)

I would also like to have a reply from a Chinese native because
currently we do have 4 Chinese languages Chinese(China), Chinese
Simplified, Chinese (Taiwan) and Chinese (Taiwan) (Big5).
Are these really 4 different languages? Or are they such similar like
German (Germany), German (Austria) and German (Swiss) which all
understand and can read each other? What and Where is the difference?
Please help me in getting Chinese languages sorted!

2. We entered Feature Freeze already - which means there will be no
more features in the source tree until release - usually that keeps
the changes in Strings to translate also very low.
So NOW is a good time to try to keep up with the translations and
bring the Desktop to a higher level.

As always - if you have questions - please drop me a note or ask this list.

Thanks to all your effort QGIS is already used in many many countries!

kind regards
Werner