[Qgis-tr] Typo in qgis-application .ts-file

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Wed Nov 16 07:43:59 PST 2016

Þann mið 16.nóv 2016 15:17, skrifaði Werner Macho:
> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>
> Hi!
>
> As I've seen there are plenty of "..." everywhere I just wanted to
> note that I actually never really understood why this "..." exist.
> To be honest I am in favour of getting rid of them anyway because the
> do not really mean much to me.
> Probably it shows that there is something else to come ... or that
> something is processing and you have to wait ... or its just there to
> make the button (menu) longer. I dont know.
>
> If anyone knows a good explaination why such "..." exists I would
> really like to hear it. :)

See <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis>

In user interfaces ellipses can be used in all of the cases you mention,
mostly to mean that if you click on a button, then a window/dialog will
open. Sort of to guide or to prepare the user.

But long before there were computers, there were books and printing. Use
of ellipsis is mostly a question of writing style; a series of
conventions to convey more meaning than only in words.

And our brains are trained to grasp these subtleties, so I wouldn't
recommend getting rid of such conventions without a very good reason to
do so.

Sveinn

P.S. there are whole books and pages on the internet explaining writing
styles, some universities have their own guides - interesting read...