[Qgis-tr] Updating my desktop app with new translations

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 01:01:07 PST 2018

On 20.02.2018 10:18, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

>> How do I update my QGIS desktop app with the latest translation?
> scripts/pull_ts.sh
>
> Our nightlies also do this.

Thanks.

That required me to update my urllib3 using pip (the one from Linux Mint
18.1 was not new enough) and install XML::Simple (perl module). I also
had to create ~/.transifexrc file like this

[https://www.transifex.com]
api_hostname = https://api.transifex.com
hostname = https://www.transifex.com
password = password
token =
username = ajolma

(the "token =" is necessary). I also had to set the transifex password
since github login is not ok for using the API.

The pull_ts.sh is *very* slow since it seems to delete all ts-files and
not do an update (although it says "New translations found...").

Probably the best way is to somehow download only my (finnish) ts-file
using the transfix API and use Qt4 Linguist and then install the qm file.

Ari