[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #1055: Contrast Enhancement defaults to Stretch to MinMax causing raster color shifts

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Mon May 5 15:22:02 EDT 2008

#1055: Contrast Enhancement defaults to Stretch to MinMax causing raster color
shifts
-----------------------------------------------------+----------------------
        Reporter:  starriver                         |         Owner:  ersts
            Type:  defect                            |        Status:  assigned
       Component:  Rasters                           |       Version:  HEAD
      Resolution:                                    |      Keywords:
Platform_version:                                    |      Platform:  OS X
        Must_fix:  No                                |   Status_info:  0
-----------------------------------------------------+----------------------
Changes (by ersts):

  * status:  new => assigned
  * owner:  nobody => ersts

Comment:

 When contrast enhancements were reintroduced the default was "No Stretch"
 but there was a rather strong opposition to it, especially for 'newer'
 users, so the default was changed to "min max".

 There are definitely two camps, those who want min max to be default and
 those who don't. I can agree with both sides and have been thinking it
 should changeable as suggested in this ticket.

 I we will keep the default as "Min Max" and add an option in the raster
 properties to set which stretch is default and store that as a QSettings
 variable so it is persistent between qgis sessions.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1055#comment:1>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>