[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #2026: Oracle connection fails

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Thu Oct 22 05:27:57 EDT 2009

#2026: Oracle connection fails
   Reporter:  HansV                             |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Windows                           |           Must_fix:  No
Status_info:  0                                 |
 Connection to Oracle fails.
 Dialog: "Create a New OGR Database connection"
 I entered Host, Database, Port, Username and Password

 Then "Test connection" replies:

 ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified in

 And after hitting the OK button:

 Invalid Data Source
 OCI:Username/Password at Host/Database is not a valid or recognized data

 Even when I leave Host empty, I get an error because the slash is still in
 front of Database.
 What are the steps to make the Oracle connection work?

Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2026>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>
Quantum GIS is an Open Source GIS viewer/editor supporting OGR, PostGIS, and GRASS formats