[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #2028: [Vista] GRASS plugin crashes QGIS when running the r.colors, r.null, v.dissolve modules

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Mon Jan 11 15:11:05 EST 2010

#2028: [Vista] GRASS plugin crashes QGIS when running the r.colors, r.null,
v.dissolve modules
--------------------------------------------------------------+-------------
        Reporter:  pcav                                       |         Owner:  rugginoso
            Type:  bug                                        |        Status:  new
       Component:  GRASS                                      |       Version:  HEAD
      Resolution:                                             |      Keywords:
Platform_version:                                             |      Platform:  Windows
        Must_fix:  No                                         |   Status_info:  0
--------------------------------------------------------------+-------------
Comment (by rblazek):

 Thanks for doing the test, especially the output from dbgview is very
 useful. The crash happens when the raster is updated, and update() just
 calls closeDataset() and readFile().
 Suspicious is closeDataset() (we know readFile works, and there is also
 #1945 (also calling closeDataset()) which could be the same).

 The backtrace would tell us more, can't you get it from dbgview? I mean
 the sequence of functions called before crash, that should end by the
 function in which it crashed.
 On debugview page they say:"Crash-Dump Support:DebugView can recover its
 buffers from a crash dump and save the output to a log file so that users
 can send you the output your Windows driver generated right up to the time
 of a crash."

 I have looked into the GRASSRasterBand::~GRASSRasterBand() (called by
 QgsRasterLayer::closeDataset) but I cannot find anything wrong.

 Strange thing is, that you cannot get the crash just by updating the
 colr/gtopo30 file, it should result in the same situation.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2028#comment:13>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>