[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #2402: Field calculator can't fill fields with areas in units differ from layer measurements untits

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Fri Jan 29 12:45:17 EST 2010

#2402: Field calculator can't fill fields with areas in units differ from layer
measurements untits
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  dr                |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  enhancement       |             Status:  new
   Platform:  All               |           Must_fix:  No
Status_info:  0                 |
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 I'm trying to create new field with field calculator and fill it with area
 of features. But I can't use units differ from layer units.[[BR]]
 [[BR]]
 If set 'Enable on the fly CRS transformation' and choose Settings ->
 Options -> Map tools and set 'Preferred measurements units' to Meters then
 using Identify Features tool it is possible to get areas of features in
 square meters.[[BR]]
 It will be great to realise such function in Fields Calculator.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2402>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>