[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #2564: Ftools probably damage text encoding when joining a DBF table (QGIS Enceladus)

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Fri Mar 19 09:32:54 EDT 2010

#2564: Ftools probably damage text encoding when joining a DBF table (QGIS
Enceladus)
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  Jhelebrant                        |              Owner:  timlinux
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Windows                           |           Must_fix:  No
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Hi,
 I did some work with joining DBF table with my shapefile layer. The point
 layer was saved in CP1250 encoding, the DBF table was created in OOo Calc
 3.1 and also saved in CP1250. However, the joining tool in Qgis
 (Enceladus) is doing something wrong, as I always get damaged strings in
 my attribute table and our national characters are replaced mostly with
 “?”, although the joined shapefile was also saved in CP1250 charset.

 It looks like FTools are using some internal charset which is different
 from the one used in both layers.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2564>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>