[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #3786: in the composer, map labels and symbols defined in points/mm should be scaled on-screen to match the page size

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Thu Apr 28 19:58:17 EDT 2011

#3786: in the composer, map labels and symbols defined in points/mm should be
scaled on-screen to match the page size
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  Alister                           |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Windows                           |           Must_fix:  No
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 When feature labels have their size defined in points instead of map units
 (new labelling engine; I haven't tried with the old) and symbols have
 their size defined in mm instead of map units (both new and old
 symbology):

 The labels and symbols are displayed the same size in the composer as in
 the map view.  If I use the buttons to zoom in and out in the composer
 (and make sure that the view is refreshed), they always stay the same size
 on the screen.  They should instead be displayed correctly in relation to
 the layout size.  If I print out the composer layout and move it towards
 me, the text appears to get bigger just as the paper does.  The same
 should apply on-screen when using the zoom buttons in the composer.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3786>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>