[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #3863: Bookmarks fixes and enhancements

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Thu Jun 2 10:57:00 EDT 2011

#3863: Bookmarks fixes and enhancements
   Reporter:  smizuno                           |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  patch                             |             Status:  new
   Platform:  All                               |           Must_fix:  No
Status_info:  0                                 |
 After some extensive use of bookmarks to explore scattered areas on a map
 I found some problems with the Bookmarks tool as well as some missing
 functionality that is very useful to have. I am offering a patch to fix
 and improve Bookmarks.

 Here are the issues:

 1. a bookmark fails (silently) to store if it has a single-quote in the
 name (or project name). The quote mark is now escaped before inserting the
 text in the database.[[BR]]

 2. double-click on a bookmark item did not work (help says you can) due to
 an incorrect slot name. The automatic signal/slot binding didn't work
 because of this. This fixes #2774[[BR]]

 3. the stored precision of the extent was limited to 6 digits. I believe
 that full floating point precision (17 digits) should be preserved, so the
 number output precision is set to 17.[[BR]]

 4. have to delete a bookmark, then create a new one in order to update the
 extent. I have provided an Update button to do this as well as help text
 on its use.

 In the process of working out the coding for the fixes and improvements, I
 have: [[BR]]

 + reworked some of the Sqlite calls to simplify them as I found them
 complicated to understand[[BR]]

 + put the call to restorePosition in QgsBookmarks constructor instead of
 QgisApp. It makes little sense to have the main program call restore if
 the saving was done in the destructor.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3863>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>
Quantum GIS is an Open Source GIS supporting GDAL/OGR, PostGIS, and GRASS formats, and Web Services