[QGIS-uk-user] The next QGIS user group meeting in Scotland

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Tue Jan 27 08:42:19 PST 2015

I am starting to plan the next QGIS user group meeting and wanted to gauge reaction to a date in the last week of March/first week of April or after the April school holidays (week beginning 20th April).

If there are no objections to having it in Edinburgh again then I'll check availability of the EDINA facilities.

Also, after feedback from the last event I'd like to have a parallel stream to QGIS where you can hear about PostgreSQL/PostGIS and other FOSS4G goodness.  Also, some hands-on workshops on QGIS, PostGIS or Python.

So, if you would like to volunteer your organisational skills to help me make it another great day out in Edinburgh please let me know.  If you would like to do a talk, present a poster of some work you've done, show off a map you made using FOSS4G or want to dive in and run an interactive workshop then let me know.

I have already some offers of sponsorship for the day so we should be able to provide an informative, entertaining and interactive event for the users by the users.

Cheers

Ross

Ross McDonald | GIS Data Coordinator | Resources Department, IT Division | Angus Council, Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar, DD8 1AT

T: 01307 476419 | F: 01307 476401 | E: mcdonaldr at angus.gov.uk<mailto:mcdonaldr at angus.gov.uk>

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons. Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.