[Qgis-us-user] Adding a legend

Wilkes, Becky bwilkes at email.unc.edu
Tue Jan 19 07:21:55 PST 2016

Hi Joe,
Are you familiar with Print Composer?  That's where you create legends in QGIS.  That may be where the "help" button was sending you.  In Print Composer you place your main map area onto a layout whose size and orientation you specify.  Then you can add titles, scalebars, and legends onto the layout area.  See the QGIS online documentation at www.qgis.org<http://www.qgis.org> for more about how to use Print Composer.
Becky

Becky Wilkes
Cartography, spatial data vizualization
MEASURE Evaluation<http://www.measureevaluation.org/>, UNC-Chapel Hill

Office  919-445-9323 | Cell  919-604-1152 | Skype  wilkes.becky
Twitter  @wilkes_becky<http://twitter.com/wilkes_becky>  |  LinkedIn  wilkesbecky<http://www.linkedin.com/in/wilkesbecky>