[Qgis-us-user] Reviving the US Chapter

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Dec 21 05:36:12 PST 2017

It needs more work - I want to put Point of Contacts up there for people
like yourself. That's gonna be part 2 coming up shortly. I'm flailing a
bit with the "github" on this - but so far so good. I only broke it
once....well maybe twice.

I'd like to start a section on Regional activities. Maybe we can start
with small lunches or meetings and get users talking in person.

If you haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWfg_ptdd7w&feature=youtu.be&t=10853

That's my hope. We all get together and do something that fun.
Randy

On 12/21/2017 06:33 AM, Mike wrote:

> Well, the national website
> http://qgis.us/
> looks good.
> Thanks for reviving that.
>
> I guess I'm going to start a club here in Houston, TX.
> We will see how that goes.  So far it is only me.
> If anybody is near the SE Houston area and wants to
> talk about QGIS, get with me.
>
> Maybe it is less a club and rather beginning QGIS
> classes free to the public.  I am far from being
> an expert at QGIS.
>
> I guess these classes could be done with remote
> hookup - Google Hangout - or something like that.
>
> Heck, I even have a lame website:
> http://www.mflan.com/mapping.htm
>
> Here are some maps I have published:
> http://www.mflan.com/temp/trails/index.html
> posted on this page:
> http://www.mflan.com/hiking.htm
>

> Mike
> Houston, TX
>

> On 7/21/2017 8:48 AM, Tom M wrote:
>> I am interested in helping too
>>
>> Tom Mueller
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 9:02 PM Mike <temp3 at mflan.com
>> <mailto:temp3 at mflan.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     I'm not seeing a lot of interest posted just yet, but
>>     I am interested.  I gather we could take control of
>>     that website if we asked the right people.
>>
>>     I see the archives are pretty sparse.
>>
>>     I have a hundred layers in one of my projects.  Most
>>     are geojson.  I've been researching how to organize and
>>     search for layers, but I don't know much yet.  Perhaps
>>     I should use the Layer arranger pluggin?  Or perhaps
>>     I just need to do some more reading.
>>

>>     Mike
>>     Houston, TX
>>

>>     On 7/18/2017 2:00 PM, qgis-us-user-request at lists.osgeo.org
>>     <mailto:qgis-us-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>>>     Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 12:07:12 -0400
>>>     From: Randal Hale<rjhale at northrivergeographic.com>
>>>     <mailto:rjhale at northrivergeographic.com>
>>>     To:QGIS-us-user at lists.osgeo.org <mailto:QGIS-us-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>>>     Subject: [Qgis-us-user] Reviving the US Chapter
>>>
>>>     Good Morning/Afternoon US QGIS Users.
>>>
>>>     I've been wondering what we could do to revivehttp://qgis.us/
>>>
>>>     It's been 3 years since we had a meeting. Not that we need one huge all
>>>     encompassing continental meeting as step 1 (maybe that's step
>>>     5)......BUT - it would be good to slowly get the ball rolling again.
>>>     I've been watching the QGIS Australia users group get going:
>>>     qgis-au.org <http://qgis-au.org>. A QGIS users group meeting is happening at Nodebo
>>>     (https://qgis2017.wordpress.com/).
>>>
>>>     Anyway - Thoughts? Angst? FOSS4G Boston is coming. Those of us in
>>>     attendance could meet and start something along the lines of a movement.
>>>     We talk here. We do something.
>>>
>>>     WOLVERINES!
>>>
>>>     Randy

Randal Hale