[Qgis-us-user] Parser error in Layers Properties>Labels?

David Noble noblevideoman at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 14:05:37 PST 2017

I found email address of Qgis course instructor with browser. He replied that number value has to be converted to string value via the function code: + to_string("YEAR"), so value can be displayed.I was eventually successful, but had to correct value selected in Labels window by going into Expression Dialog, deleting value name shown there and selecting it again from the menu under Fields and Values. Seems like a bug in the Labels window, to me. Number value will display as a label despite the parser error, but one cannot add another value to the label until the error is corrected.
-Dave Noble