[Qgis-us-user] Importing Satellite Images

Rithwik Mylavarapu my.rithwik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 17:59:03 PST 2017

I have georeferenced my images but it is vital for my project to use my own
satellite images. I have these images in .jpg, .jpw, .prj, .dbf, .fix,
.shp, and .shx files do you know how I could possibly open these images in
QGIS? Every time I try to add a vector layer with any of these files it
simply puts a colored rectangle. I am new to QGIS so I am not completely
aware of the different ways to open these types of files. Thanks.

Rithwik