[Qgis-User] QGis (Windows) Customization Help

Craig Leat Craig at pid.co.za
Sat Feb 17 02:16:11 EST 2007

Hi Elavazhagan

If you definitely need to write a plugin then start with chapter 10 in the
User Guide of the 0.8 Titan release. If you are using the Titan installer
for Windows, available for download on the Qgis website then the User Guide
(userguide.pdf) should be located in: c:\Program Files\Quantum
GIS\share\qgis\doc\

You could also take a look at Marco Hugentobler's plugin presentation from
last year's FOSS4G conference. The presentation slides are available here:
http://www.foss4g2006.org/contributionDisplay.py?contribId=50&sessionId=66&c
onfId=1

I don't know what kind of customization you have in mind, but before
creating something of your own check that GRASS (http://grass.itc.it/)
doesn't already offer the functionality you require.

Good luck.

Craig Leat

Partners in Development (Pty) Ltd
51 Roberts Road