[Qgis-user] dependencies on OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE4

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Dec 29 20:07:56 PST 2008

 Hi Gian,

 For OpenSuse installs of GIS/GPS related applications I
 suggest you install the GEO repositiory using YAST.

 Once this is done, you should be able to oinstall QGIS
 & many other useful apps with no dependency problems (at
 laeast it worked very well for me with 10.2, 10.3 &
 11.0, I haven't yet tried 11.1, but plan to get around
 to it shortly :-)

 If you have installed packages from elsewhere, you may have
 some version conflicts, this repo tends to have pretty
 current versions of most apps.

 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/openSUSE_11.1/

 It also has packages for other distros, including Mandriva
 & Fedora, in particular.

 Cheers,

   Brent wood

 --- On Tue, 12/30/08, G. Paolo Sanino V.