[Qgis-user] qgis0.10_lenny

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:42:51 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Sebastian Holler <shgeo at online.de> wrote:

> Same problems here with Debian Lenny and QGIS 0.10 from gfoss.it-repository:
> python 2.5.2-1
> python-qt4 4.4.2-1
> python-sip4 4.7.6-1
>

> QGIS error message:
> Error in sys.excepthook:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<string>", line 2, in qgis_except_hook
>  File "<string>", line 11, in qgis_except_hook_msg
> TypeError: argument 1 of QgsMessageOutput.setTitle() has an invalid type
>

> It seems that the eric4 package in Lenny has similar problems.
> eric4 error message:
> <class 'PyQt4.QtGui.QDockWidget'>
> An unhandled exception occurred. Please report the problem using the error
> reporting dialog or via email to <eric4-bugs at die-offenbachs.de>. A log has
> been written to "/home/standard/.eric4/eric4_error.log".
>
> Error information:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2008-May/019482.html

So this really looks like a binary compatibility problem of the
packages: PyQGIS (and other SIP-based bindings like scintilla) have to
be regenerated (i.e. recompiled) after the upgrade. So there are two
possibilities:
1. downgrade to previous package versions of python-sip4 and python-qt4
-or-
2. remove QGIS package from your system and compile it from source -
this might be a bit painful if you've never done it before but there
is a tutorial how to do it:
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingFromSource (chapter 5)

Bye
Martin