[Qgis-user] Ubuntu Version 0.11 has some defects

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jul 18 04:10:56 PDT 2008

Micha Silver wrote:
> Hello:
>

> Tim Michelsen wrote:
>
>>> Timmie is your 8.04 install fresh or an upgrade? Mine is on an
>>> upgraded machine, I'll try on a fresh install later today to see if
>>> that line provides any new information.
>> It's a upgrade.
> I can verify the same problem. I tested on two Hardy machines, both
> fresh installs. Plugin Installer is no longer available, and the extra
> plugins I had added before with 0.10 are also no longer available.

>>  dpkg -l|grep python-qt4
>> ii  python-qt4                                 4.3.3-2ubuntu4.1
>>                                   Python bindings for Qt4
>> ii  python-qt4-common                          4.3.3-2ubuntu4.1
>>                                   Shared files for PyQt4
>>
> Same :
> micha at akev:~$ dpkg -l | grep python-qt4
> ii  python-qt4
> 4.3.3-2ubuntu4.1                   Python bindings for Qt4
> ii  python-qt4-common
> 4.3.3-2ubuntu4.1                   Shared files for PyQt4
>
> But note that some qgis libraries from 0.10 are still lying around:
> micha at akev:~$ dpkg -l | grep qgis
> ii  libqgis-core0.10
> 0.10.0-6~hardy                     QGIS Geographic Information System -
> shared
> ii  libqgis-core0.11
> 0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Quantum GIS - shared core library
> ii  libqgis-gui0.10
> 0.10.0-6~hardy                     QGIS Geographic Information System -
> shared
> ii  libqgis-gui0.11
> 0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Quantum GIS - shared gui library
> ii  libqgisgrass0.10
> 0.10.0-6~hardy                     QGIS Geographic Information System -
> shared
> ii  libqgisgrass0.11
> 0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Quantum GIS - shared grass library
> ii  qgis
> 0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Geographic Information System (GIS)
> ii  qgis-plugin-grass
> 0.11.0-1~hardy1                    Plugin for accessing GRASS data from
> Quantum
>
> Should I manually remove these? (Should they have been removed by the
> pkg configuration?)
>
> Thanks,
> Micha

Ya I noticed the 0.10 libs not uninstalling also. Looks like they're not
in the conflict list for the new package dpkg doesn't know to remove
them. After manual removal of the leftover 0.10 and full reinstall of
0.11 there is no change to 0.11 missing functionality previously mentioned.

Any other ideas?
Alex