[Qgis-user] No projection systems available on 0.11 (ubuntu)

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 13:13:24 PDT 2008

Hi

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl> wrote:
> Craig Leat pisze:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have just built qgis trunk (revision 8821) on ubuntu 7.10 and I am
>> seeing the same lack of srs info. In my case I have 0.10 installed from the
>> ubuntu repository on launchpad and this version loads the
>> srs data just fine. The trunk version however, only loads my custom
>> projections from /home/craig/.qgis/qgis.db the standard geographic
>> and projected systems are unavailable.
>>
>> Following Albin's experience described earlier it appears that I need
>>  to clean up the 0.10 install. Can this be done without destroying
>> it?
>
> What do you mean by "destroying it"? Just remove+purge in Synaptic all
> QGIS components, remove leftovers from the filesystem if you have any
> (you *don't* need to erase any QGIS-related files under your home dir),
> install 0.11 and tell us how it went :).

I mean that I need to keep 0.10 alongside trunk for the time being as
there are no 0.11 packages for gutsy on launchpad. I had hoped to
eliminate the conflict between 0.10 and trunk while retaining a
functional 0.10. Considering my options again, trashing 0.10 and
building 0.11 myself may be the easiest route.

Craig