[Qgis-user] printing with metis?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jul 28 20:55:28 PDT 2008

Hi Tara,

The Print Composer in the main build is missing a lot of features and
partially buggy. Among the bugs, unit calculations (e.g. from
line-widths and labels) aren't always correct.

Marco is currently working on a new version of the print composer. His
work is done in a separate branch, but should be merged to the main
build once it is finished (probably sometime in autumn). You can a
expect a much better print composer in QGIS 1.0. If you want to try out
the separate branch with the printing enhancements, we can give you
further directions on how to check out the source.

Andreas

Tara Athan wrote:
> I am having trouble printing from v 0.11
> (Platform- WinXP)
>
> I tried Quickprint, but the labels came out HUGE. I tried changing label
> size to map units instead of points, but had same problem.
> I then tried the Print Composer - I was not able to add the map layer to
> the canvas. I clicked on the add map tool, but it just flashed and
> nothing happened. I tried clicking on the canvas at that point, and
> clicking and dragging, but no result.
>
> I had to get a printout because I am going out in the field tomorrow, so
> I took a screen capture, shoved it into GIMP, saved as jpg and printed
> that.
> That worked, so I know I'm not bonkers and have a working printer
> connection.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Tara

Andreas Neumann