[Qgis-user] Printing Qgis

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jul 29 22:55:53 PDT 2008

Sarel Coetzer ha scritto:

> I have been assigned to evaluated QGIS output in one of our projects at
> work. It seems QGIS is a good visual and map analysis program but the
> map presentation and printing capabilities are lacking.
>
> I have the latest QGIS version running and have problems setting up a
> printed map for a report.

Hi Sarel.
Please drag the handle on the right to show the printing tools in the
print composer window.
QGIS has a decent printing layout, but admittedly it has several
limitations and a few bugs. One of the core QGIS developers is busy
rewriting a much improved printing engine, and if everything goes well
it will appear in version 1.0, due in a couple of months (please note:
this is only very indicative schedule).
All the best.
pc
--