[Qgis-user] morphing two polygons

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Tue Jun 10 20:42:47 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have been mucking around with some thoughts on how I might morph from
an original polygon to a larger polygon, showing the intermediate steps
in between and thought I would see if anyone has done this in QGIS or
had any suggestions.

So I have polygon A that shows a large blob, polygon B that shows that
same blob much reduced in size. Assuming an even reduction in size, I
want to create a polygon of that lake at different intervals of change
between A and B. Hope that makes sense.

My original thinking was to pretend the two polygons are contour lines
and interpolate between them, then convert the interpolated countours to
their own polygons. Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Ken

believed to be clean.