[Qgis-user] data to play with in qgis

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 15:51:00 PST 2008

Hi - I'm looking for data to play with in the latest version of qgis.

Unfortunately, I'm new to GIS but I have background in software
development , differential geometry, physics, and SONAR imaging.

Note, the file

    http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/qgis_sample_data.tar.gz

- the so-called sample data set , only contains shape files - which
is basically useless.

Ideally,  the data set would allow me to follow the presentation in the
user manual beyond simply opening a shape file (which if I recall
correctly,
was 3 mouse clicks.)

In addition to learning how to use Quantum GIS,  I'm going to try and
convince
a GIS Analyst to use Quantum GIS too.

I'd prefer Alaska data but any location would work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Ken

--

	"We are drowning in information and starving for knowledge."

					     - Rutherford D. Roger