[Qgis-user] qgis and gps in real-time

Chris H chris123 at magma.ca
Thu Mar 6 05:35:02 PST 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 08:25:56 am victor javier morales wrote:

> > I would to like to know if qgis is someway able to show in real-time
> > on a map the position of a veicle having a GPS on board.
> > If not, is possible to crate a pyton plugin able to do this?

It depends on what you are asking.

If a locational map in-vehicle connected to a gps is required there is
gpsdrive which works quite well. If the requirement is to track moving
vehicles ie: a fleet of trucks for example, that is vehicle location then
this is dependant on hardware as identified by Victor.

--
/ch