[Qgis-user] qgis and gps in real-time

andrea pacifici pacifici at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 00:59:15 PST 2008

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions!

I'm involved in a scientific experiment in which a stratospheric
balloon will transport some instruments onboard and will send the
acquired data in real-time by a radio signal, including the position
of the balloon itself. In this experiment we have to track and map in
real-time the position of the balloon.

I can ask to people working to the on-board electronic to send gps
info in a specific format (maybe nmea could be OK). But I have to
understand if Qgis is able to show in real-time the position of the
balloon in a map.

Many thanks to all of you

Andrea

--