[Qgis-user] Projections Management Tool

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Fri Mar 21 14:44:59 PDT 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 1:20 PM, Carson Farmer wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I have developed two projection management tools ( using python )
> which I would like to disseminate to the general public, but rather
> than upload directly to the repository ( where people may
> unwittingly download, use, and then find that it just plain doesn't
> work ) I though some 'beta' testing might be in order.
>
> For anyone who might be interested, the plugin is available from
> here: http://www.geog.uvic.ca/spar/tools.html
> The tool basically provides functionality similar to the 'Project',
> and 'Define Projection' tools in ArcGIS for vector data.  There is a
> simple description on the website, as well as instructions on how to
> install/use the plugins.  You are best off using only the latest
> version of QGIS.  I am particularly interested in hearing from any
> mac users, as I do not have access to a mac for testing myself.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Carson Farmer

Carson,

I get the error Gary reported the other evening when trying either
plugin with vectors in the legend. If I try with an empty project, the
gui appears.

Error:
carson/.qgis//python/plugins/srsmanagement/projectionManagement.py",
line 96, in reProject<br> File "/Users/jctull/.qgis//python/
plugins/srsmanagement/doReProject.py", line 22, in
__init__<br>  if layer.type() ==
layer.VECTOR:<br>AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'type'<br>

Cheers,
John