[Qgis-user] Projections Management Tool

Carson Farmer cfarmer at uvic.ca
Mon Mar 24 12:47:54 PDT 2008

I don't think this made it through properly last time, so I'll resubmit
it, sorry about the double posting if it did...

Thanks Paolo for the suggestion...

I have now created a repository for testing out my 'in development' plugins:

For those of you new to this sort of thing (like myself), to use it
follow these simple steps:

1) Open up QGIS (preferably 0.9.2-rc1 for these plugins to work smoothly)
2) Go to your 'QGIS Plugin Installer' and click on the 'Add' button to
add a new repository.
3) Give the new repository a name (I used cfarmer testing repo)
4) Under URL enter: http://www.geog.uvic.ca/spar/carson/cfarmerQgisRepo.xml
5) Hit 'OK' and then click on 'Get List'
6) You should now have a list of available plugins (right now I have a
centroids plugin and the projections management plugin in there)
7) Just click on the plugin you want to install, and voila! Now go and
activate the plugin under 'Plugins' > 'Plugin Manager...'

I've tested this a couple of times and it seems to work, just make sure:
a) you don't already have a folder name 'centroids' or 'srsmanagement'
in your plugins directory (why would you, those are MY plugin names!)
b) you have permissions to upzip into those folders