[Qgis-user] Editing dbf attributes via Python Console

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:38:25 PST 2008

Here's my python console challenge for QGIS.

I need to edit the dbf attributes of a GRASS vector in QGIS.  I
usually load grass vectors in QGIS (via GRASS plugin).
For editing attributes of the vector dbf, I use openoffice dbase.  The
process goes like this:

1. Interactively select the vector polygons using the "select feature".
2. Display the attribute table.
3. Edit the selected attributes in OpenOffice
4. Save dbf file in Openoffice.
5. After a couple of edits, re-start QGIS.  (I does not automatically
"refresh" when the attributes were saved in OOO)

Now for the challenge I want to be able to do this with Python
Console.  Basically I select the polygons with the "Select feature"
And use the console to change the dbf attributes of the selected feature.

Any tips?
--
| __.-._  |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda     |