[Qgis-user] zoom to point/edit point coordinates

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Nov 12 08:38:51 PST 2008

Hi

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 14:47 +0000, Carson Farmer wrote:

> > I prefer your idea because your way a user could just keep entering
> > coordinate pairs to build up a feature without any need for mouse
> > clicks. Since docs can be stacked / tabbed it neednt consume a lot of
> > screen real estate. The disadvantage of your idea is that we would
> > need to implement the concept of a selected vertex probably...
> >
> You might not need to, for example, you setup the following:
>  If a vertex is selected, the 'apply' button would read 'adjust vertex',
> otherwise, it would read 'add vertex'.
>
> This way it becomes both a new vertex and change vertex tool!

Right but that was the implied behaviour already from the discussion
above - the issue more relates to the fact that you cant 'highlight' /
select a vertex (only a whole feature), which means its difficult to
know which vertex should be affected when you click 'adjust vertex'. Of
course aforementioned applies only to line / polygon layers, with point
layers the problem doesnt exist.

Regards

Tim

> Carson